Wednesday 16 March 2011

Book review: Fade Away by Harlan Coben

Fade Away (Myron Bolitar, #3)Fade Away by Harlan Coben

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Fade Away by Harlan Coben

I love Harlan Coben, the first book of his I read in less than twenty-four hours and I love the characters of Myron Bolitar, Win and Esperanza, but there's just something that doesn't connect for me. Maybe it's because I read the Bolitar books out of order, or maybe it's because it's too Americanised. I don't know anything about basketball and I don't really care about it, so I don't share the same obvious love that the author has for it. The storylines are often also very personalised to Myron, and I have only ever read one other Bolitar book and it was number six or something.
Overall, the plot was good, easy to follow and exciting but there was no 'gasp surprise' at the end like there usually is and I just don't think these books are as good as the independant Coben books are.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment