Friday 6 May 2011

Book review: The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde

The Big Over Easy (Nursery Crime, #1)The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde

Like I always do, I read the second book first, so this book was a little odd as I already knew the characters, but they were a step backwards from the ones I'd met. I didn't enjoy it as much as the The Fourth Bear, but I'm not sure why. I love the idea that nursery rhymes are real and their deaths have to be solved, but this one seemed over complicated. Sometimes I couldn't remember which character went with which name. As much as I love Ashley, I don't get why aliens are in this universe. They're completely unrelated to nursery rhymes. Overall an enjoyable book that has the much needed 'pull', but isn't as good as other works of Jasper Fforde. Regardless, I'll still be on the hunt for the third and fourth books.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment