Wednesday 11 May 2011

Sweet Home Oswestry...

It's taken a while for me to get used to Oswestry town. It's certainly bigger than Uckfield or Lewes and is a wonderful mix of old and new. There are some buildings from the 17th century, next to ones that have been built within the last few years. It's a wonderful, but very confusing, place. There's a market on Wednesday and Saturday which I absolutley love! It makes me feel as though I've stepped back in time, despite the butcher wearing a headset to promote his produce and all of the tarpaulin. There are certainly some characters in Oswestry. Take for example the woman on her motorised scooter. She charges about, forcing people to jump out of the way. I've never been more scared of an old woman before in my life! As well as the market, there's practically everything else you need, we have Superdrug, WHSmiths, Wilkos (and every other discount store). I like being so close to such a charming little town. All I need now is a job so I can pay for all the stuff I want!
I thought this post should be more about my surroundings so that my friends and family have an idea about where I am. I can't wait for them to come and visit. More posts will be here soon! Much love x.

No comments:

Post a Comment