Wednesday 18 May 2011

Book review: The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan

The Thin ExecutionerThe Thin Executioner by Darren Shan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan

I've always been a big fan of Darren Shan ever since I read Cirque Du Freak, so I was looking forward to this when it was recommended. At first I was so overwhelmed by all of the names. You're introduced to at least half a dozen characters within a few pages and you also have to learn about their ways and beliefs. However, after you get used to the different names it becomes a lot easier and a very enjoyable book! Shan manages to combine humour and adventure with important lessons in tolerance and faith. The characters of Masters Blair and Bush are also genius!
Overall, it's an exciting book full of wonder and action. A definite recommendation and I look forward to reading more Darren Shan in the future.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment