Sunday 22 May 2011

Book review: The Tree of Season by Stephen Gately

The Tree of SeasonsThe Tree of Seasons by Stephen Gately

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Tree of Seasons by Stephen Gately

Until I found this book in my local library, I was unaware that Stephen Gately had written a book. He's a man I very much admired and I was saddened to hear about his passing.
The book was a great surprise. It started off a little slow, but for these last few days I've been reading it as much as possible. He's a good writer, which somewhat suprised me, and the story was excellent, full of wonder and magic. My only criticism is that there are some events which I wish were told with more detail. Instead they're passed by rather quickly. It's not a masterpiece, but it is a lovely novel. It will be adored by children. I just don't understand how it wasn't promoted in the months after his death, maybe then more people will of heard of it and read it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment