Monday 23 May 2011

We're all going on a Summer holiday...

With this crap weather, the subject of holidays is bound to come up. For a while now, I've been planning to go away with my best friend, sounding board and full time agony aunt, Kieran (pictured to the left). To begin with, it was Mallorca, but after a lot of umming and aahing and the film PS I Love You, we switched to Ireland. That film can make anyone fall in love with the beautiful country. Kieran also has family there. We're planning to visit Dublin to see the sights for a few days and then retire to Cork for a bit of R&R. I've let him organise everything, because it makes life a hell of a lot easier! This will be my first, non-supervised holiday. At aged nineteen, it should have happened by now, but lack of money got in the way. Hopefully, some other friends will be joining me and Kieran for an amazing week across the Irish Sea.
As well as me going away, some other family members are coming to us in October for my mum's birthday. My nan, aunt and uncle will be staying with us for a week. My mum is planning on hiring a canal boat for a day while they're here. This sounds like a great idea, but with my nan, who is afraid of water and my aunt, who once fainted on a bus boat in Venice, it's not exactly popular. However, my nan has changed her tune, she's talking about steering the thing! If that's the case then I will definately be investing in a life jacket! 

No comments:

Post a Comment