Friday 17 June 2011

Book review: Hidden Depths by Ann Cleeves

Hidden depthsHidden depths by Ann Cleeves

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Hidden Depths by Ann Cleeves

I read Hidden Depths in preparation for meeting the author at my local independent book store in Oswestry. Before this, I had read one of Cleeves' Jimmy Perez novels which I enjoyed but wasn't wowed by. Then they showed 'Vera' on ITV, the television versions of Cleeves' Vera Stanhope books. If I hadn't known who the killer was, this book would've been five stars. In a way, I took the mystery out of it myself, which I wish I hadn't done! All the other Vera Stanhope books have also been made into the series, so although I will enjoy them, they won't be five starrers. Silent Voices, the newest Ann Cleeves book hasn't been televised yet, so I can't wait to get my hands on that one! They are solid crime fiction and the character of Vera is exceptionally written. If I hadn't watched it, I would never have guessed who the killer was. Brilliant crime fiction!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment