Thursday 14 July 2011

Book review: The Dead by Charlie Higson

The Dead (The Enemy #2)The Dead by Charlie Higson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Dead by Charlie Higson



I had read The Enemy and was expecting this to be a sequel so I was very surprised when I discovered these events happened a year before with a completely new set of kids. Higson is a brilliant YA writer. He manages to grab your attention and keep hold of it right until the end of the book. The characters he creates can be stereotypical but generally there's someone there for everybody to like. The amount of gore and the vivid descriptions do surprise me for the age group but it's not any different from his first book. The fact that the kids get killed off so quickly and suddenly is a surprise too but regular readers will learn not to get too attached to anyone. Overall when I'm reading the book I can't put it down, but when I'm finished I feel like there's something missing from making it one of my favourite YA books.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment