Thursday 7 July 2011

Book review: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

The Poisonwood BibleThe Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

I was a little bit disappointed at the end of this book. It seems I spent the whole time warming up to them, but by the end of it I still wasn't sure if I liked them. The main characters are Leah, Rachel, Adah and Ruth May and they were all fairly one dimensional, particularly Rachel. It seemed over the span of forty years she didn't change from being the whiney teenager, whereas Leah went from following her father around to following Anatole around. Adah was the only one not to annoy me. I'm not a mother, but I would like to think that when things started going downhill I would have gotten my children out of there no matter what the cost. An added thing that I thought was missed was a chapter or two from Nathan Price. He was probably the most interesting character of the lot.
Overall, I thought it was well written, but by the end, I was bored.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment