Wednesday 7 December 2011

Book review: Dead Simple by Peter James

Dead Simple (Roy Grace, #1)Dead Simple by Peter James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dead Simple is the first in the Roy Grace series, by author Peter James, who is from and sets his novels in my home town of Brighton.
That's my first, major point. I love knowing exactly where Grace, the victim and the murderers are. I can picture the places easily and sometimes are even familiar with the places where they go, especially if it's in Lewes.
The story is also epic. The victim, on his stag night is buried alive by his friends, all of whom get killed in a car accident moments later, so no one knows where he is. This is the principal idea, but James takes it further with a range of other victims and suspects and no one appears as they seem.
It's a quick read, with exciting chases on car and on foot and a race to find the victim before he runs out of air.
The only reason I gave it four stars was because of Grace's supernatural beliefs. I don't believe that police would go to a psychic of a medium, however I have been assured by the author since that they would!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment