Thursday 15 December 2011

Book review: Days Gone Bye (The Walking Dead Vol.1) by Robert Kirkman

The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone ByeThe Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirkman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirkman

I've wanted to read this ever since watching the series on TV. I've read a few graphic novels in the past but I'm not an expert so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect.
First of all, I loved the drawings. The close ups were incredible, but the pictures further away were a bit cartoonish. I was a bit disappointed that it was in black and white, but I think it adds to the bleak situation they're all in.
Although graphic novels are easier to read, I think character development can be a bit slower. Because I'd seen the show, my brain filled in the gaps. Obviously, in novels there are often descriptions of the people so help you flesh them out a bit. No pun intended.
I read this in a matter of hours, and although I felt some of it was rushed and some of the dialogue was a bit unrealistic I still loved it and I can't wait to see where it's going. From the last page I can already tell it's going to be different from the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment