Tuesday 10 January 2012

Book review: Birdman by Mo Hayder

Birdman (Jack Caffery #1)Birdman by Mo Hayder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This has been my favourite book of the year so far and it's hard to explain why. You jump, feet first, into the murder. It's almost like going underwater, you have to take a deep breath, and it's not until you've finished that you can breathe again. Mo Hayder has a brilliant, if rather gruesome imagination, and reading the detailed descriptions of the bodies and the acts taking place, can at times make you feel physically sick. For me, that's part of the reason why I loved it. To get such a strong reaction from a book is fantastic.
This book took me no time at all to read. At the time, I was travelling across the country and spent the whole time glued to the pages. At times it made me gasp and pull faces. I'm sure I got plenty of strange looks from other train passengers.
In the end, the person I hated most was Veronica, I won't give my reasons on here. But I cannot wait to read the next Jack Caffery book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment