Wednesday 25 January 2012

Book review: Messiah by Boris Starling

MessiahMessiah by Boris Starling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been waiting to read this book ever since I watched the TV series years ago. I vaguely remembered something about silver spoons in the place of tongues and people being killed like the apostles. So I hired the series and watched it, with all its gore, violence and exceptional acting from Ken Stott, Jamie Draven and Neil Dudgeon.
So unfortunately I went into this book knowing who the killer was. I wish I didn't do this to myself because if I hadn't known I would've given it five stars. Within the first forty pages, we're two murders in. Starling isn't shy of gruesome detail and the idea for the plot, how the victims are killed etc is total genius! Again if I hadn't known I wouldn't have figured it out.
I am going to hunt out any other books by Boris Starling and immerse myself in them. This truly is a fantastic book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment