Friday 6 April 2012

Book review: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie Collection)And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was my first foray into the legend that it Agatha Christie. I had heard a lot about this book before I started it and by chance I picked it up on a stall.
I knew the concept before I started, ten people on an island together and each of them gets picked off one by one. When I started, it was quite a lot to take on board. You're introduced to all the characters within the first chapter. It wasn't until they were all at the island that I started settling down with the characters. I had to turn back a few times to check I was reading about the right person. However, once the first few people start to die off, it makes it easier to keep track of everyone.
Not only is this an excellent murder mystery, with a well thought out plot, Agatha Christie is a brilliant writer. I must admit, having characters say 'by jove!' and one girl getting slapped to stop her being hysterical was something I loved as well. It was everything you expect from a murder mystery of the time period, and more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment