Thursday 7 June 2012

Book review: I, Robot by Isaac Asimov

I, RobotI, Robot by Isaac Asimov
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The first book in my A-Z of authors was I, Robot by Isaac Asimov. It wasn't what I expected, in that it was several short stories, somewhat connected rather than one continuous story.
Some of the stories I loved, especially Robbie and the one about the politician who everyone thought was a robot. But some were clogged down in science and I struggled to understand them, or really care.
I loved the ideas that Asimov had, about the world being divided into four parts rather than continents and countries and how robots would be used in the future.
Considering this book was written in the fifties Asimov was definitely ahead of his time and makes you really think the impact robots could have on human life.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment