Wednesday 18 July 2012

Book review: The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

The Three MusketeersThe Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took me a very long time to read this book. Normally, it takes me about a week, shorter if it's a quick thriller, longer if it's a Stephen King epic, but this one took me almost a month and I'm not entirely sure why.
The story was well written, and clearly written considering when it was written. It's got a great pace, interesting characters, action, adventure, love and romance, war, murder... You name it, The Three Musketeers has it. The story of the three musketeers, who eventually become four is lovely and touching. Their friendship is clear throughout the book and you feel the pain that the characters do.
Overall, it's a great classic, only marked down because how long it took me to read. I definitely recommend it as a book everyone should read once.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment