Saturday 30 March 2013

Book Review: Murder On The Orient Express by Agatha Christie

Murder on the Orient ExpressMurder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had attempted to read this before, when I was a little younger, and I couldn't really get in to it. There was something that stopped me from delving in to the world of Christie. This time around, I absolutely loved it. It took me all of one page to get hooked in to the narrative, the characters and the fantastic dialogue. I've also been a fan of watching Poirot and Miss Marple on the TV, but I'd never read any of them before.
Murder On The Orient Express is perhaps the most famous Agatha Christie novel and features the best ever Belgian Detective, Hercule Poirot. The story revolves around the murder of Samuel Ratchett, which occurs just as the train grinds to a halt due to a snow drift. Leaving Poirot to conclude that the murderer is still on the train.
I won't spoil the ending, I remembered what happened about halfway through as I had seen the adaptation on ITV at Christmas 2010, but the way Poirot solves the mystery is brilliant.
I always find that with Agatha Christie I am taken off into this wonderful 30's world, full of intrigue, surprises and little French sayings!
Overall, très bien!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment