Monday 8 April 2013

Book Review: Nineteen Eighty by David Peace

Nineteen EightyNineteen Eighty by David Peace
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm a massive fan of David Peace, I love his writing style, the rush. I always feel like I am completely absorbed in the story and the characters when I'm reading it.
I'd read both of the preceding books and I'd seen all of the superb Channel 4 TV series, so I had a good idea of what would happen. Maybe this was my downfall, because there was less anticipation, I knew what to expect and generally where the story would be going.
I love how David Peace writes, like you're in the character's head, hearing their thoughts. The tension is impeccable and the dialogue zips along a break neck speed.
I can't wait for the fourth and final installment!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment