Sunday 12 May 2013

Book Review: The Invisible Ones by Stef Penney

The Invisible OnesThe Invisible Ones by Stef Penney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't been able to go to A Book And A Beer Club in aaaaages because of my shift pattern. But now that my shift has changed I still can't go. But I've started reading the books to catch up and get back in to the swing of things.
I'd never heard of Stef Penney or her other books so I had no expectations going into this book. The Invisible Ones follows a private investigator called Ray and a fourteen year old boy called JJ as Ray investigates the disappearance of a woman named Rose Janko.
Following both narratives keeps it interesting, and it helps the reader understand more about this community of people. I also liked the glossary of words at the beginning of the book.
Overall, this is a different kind of missing persons case. I found it interesting, and as I was reading I felt myself getting sucked in without even realising it.
Although I've heard this is different to Stef Penney's other work, I am looking forward to reading it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment