Thursday 25 July 2013

Book Review: Skin (Jack Caffery #4) by Mo Hayder

Skin (Jack Caffery, #4)Skin by Mo Hayder
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The first Mo Hayder book I read was Birdman and I was hooked instantly, and can still remember parts of it in my head as clear as day
Skin although not the second in the series, was the next one I read. This time as well as DI Jack Caffery, we are joined by diver, Flea Marley.
The strength of Hayder's writing is what kept me going in this book. She writes suspense and excitement brilliantly and the twists and turns come thick and fast. The situation that Flea finds herself in was an unusual one and it was interesting seeing how she coped with the situation. I must admit, I found her relatives infuriatingly annoying (in a good way!), which shows how well written the characters and events were.
I think the reason I gave this a three, rather than a four, or a five, was the superstition element of the book. I didn't particularly enjoy it and would have been quite happy with the police procedural with Flea and Caffery. But I will definitely be reading more of Mo Hayder. She's a brilliant writer and if you want to raise your blood pressure a little, get stuck in.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment