Wednesday 27 August 2014

End Of An Era

Daily Prompt: As a kid, were you happy or anxious about going back to school? Now that you’re older, how has your attitude toward the end of the summer evolved?
In a few weeks time I will be something I never thought I would be: a student. I will be part of Glyndwr University, learning all there is to know about Education.
When I was younger, although I longed for the summer holidays by the time September came around I was looking forward to using the new stationary I had bought, a diary, folders, pens, notebooks.
As much as I liked having the time off I would also be incredibly... bored. There were only so many books to read, films to watch, things to do. I was never really an outdoorsy kid, so for me playing in the square was never really an option.
By September the 1st I was ready to learn, get stuck back into my subjects and see my friends again, back to some kind of routine.
When I finished my A-Levels I wanted a break from education. I was fed up of coursework and exams and wanted to go out, get a job, live life.
After volunteering at school I realised that working with kids was what I was supposed to do with my life and took the steps to go back to university and qualify to be a teacher. I think it's quite ironic that considering I planned to never return to education, now I will be in education for the rest of my life.
Like when I was at school, or maybe more so, I'm counting down the days until my course starts. I'm a mixture of apprehension and excitement. I'm looking forward to structure and routine but also nervous to meet new people, the people I'm going to spend the next three years with. I also have a bedroom full of new stationary that I'm eager to use, so nothing new there then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment