Tuesday 13 October 2015

Book Review: The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen (Rizzoli & Isles #1)

The Surgeon (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #1)The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Having been familiar with the Rizolli and Isles series, I already had characters in the head when I started reading this. This is the first of the books, but I'm glad I didn't start with it otherwise I may not have read any others!!
It has a good pace, a sadistic murderer and suspects a-plenty. But it was all a bit too procedural for me. Not to mention that Isles wasn't even in it!! It was exactly the kind of story you'd expect on Criminal Minds or Law & Order, nothing that made me sit up or take notice. Plus Rizolli goes on and on about 'the job being a way of life', and I'm sure that is the case, but it just got dull!!
I'm sure I will read more in the future, but I'll get my mum to read them for me first!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment