Monday 30 November 2015

Book Review: Bridges Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding

Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones, #1)Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Having been familiar with the Bridget Jones films for a number of years I thought it was about time I got round to reading the book that started it all. It's fair to say I consumed this book, I read it in two days flat. It was like I inhaled the words and I loved every page. Helen Fielding creates a fantastically realistic character. I think it's fair to say that every woman has had one or two 'Bridget Jones' moments. Her diary entries and the ups and downs of her life make for a funny, witty novel and the reader is behind her 100%, egging her on from beyond the page. Of course, having seen the film I knew how the events would unfold but that did not stop me enjoying the ride. I'm yet to read the other books in the series but I'm sure I well enjoy them as much as I did Bridget Jones' Diary.
The only reason this is four stars instead of five is because there are certain things that are handed to her on a plate, like her job. I felt that the character could be a tad more realistic in real life situations, however maybe this is just a sign of when the book was written as opposed to today's economic climate.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment