Monday 28 December 2015

Book Review: The Beach Hut by Veronica Henry

The Beach HutThe Beach Hut by Veronica Henry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love Veronica Henry with a passion! She creates novels teeming with characters, intrigue, humour and real-life situations and The Beach Hut is no exception.
This time the action is centred around a beach hut on Everdene Sands. The story spans decades as we grow old with the characters and the twists and turns throughout their life.
The reason why this is 3 instead of 5 is for two reasons. This novel has too many characters. One of the threads could be lost easily and it would still be an enjoyable read. There was one character called Jane and another called Janet. The names are too similar on the page. The second reason is that there is a lack of variety in their story lines. There were too many cheating spouses for my liking. I understand that this is a part of real life, but to have it be the centre of so many story arcs was confusing and boring. It hasn't put me off Veronica Henry at all, but it isn't my favourite of her novels.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment