Saturday 26 December 2015

Book Review: No More Heroes by Stephen Thompson

No More HeroesNo More Heroes by Stephen Thompson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

No More Heroes by Stephen Thompson is not the kind of book I would normally pick up. Having been 13 years old when the 7/7 attacks occurred, it's an event that will always be cemented in my memory. Reading Simon Weekes' account of what happened to him on that day was interesting and harrowing. But really, these moments are only the start of Simon's story and his past has much deeper secrets.
This is by no means an easy read, but the pace is thick and fast and keeps you turning the pages to find out what happened to Simon. Simon himself is a complex character and the author does not paint him in an honourable light. Despite this, he is still likeable and you sympathise with the route his life has taken.
I would definitely read more of Stephen Thompson in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment