Thursday 10 March 2016

Book Review: The Ghost Fields by Elly Griffiths (Ruth Galloway #7)

The Ghost Fields (Ruth Galloway, #7)The Ghost Fields by Elly Griffiths
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Elly Griffiths is my saviour! My heroine! I absolutely adore her characters, especially Ruth Galloway, Cathbad and Harry Nelson. Opening The Ghost Fields is like visiting a favourite family member: warm; comforting and you know exactly what to expect.
In this chapter of Ruth's life, a WWII plane is discovered buried under the local green, with the pilot still in the cockpit. What follows is an unravelling of family secrets, the invasion of a production crew and assaults left, right and centre.
As always, what makes the Ruth Galloway series are the characters and the trials and tribulations they go through. They are such an eclectic mix and with several love triangles developing it grows more and more interesting. The continuing development of Ruth and Nelson is the one thing that draws me back every time.
My only, small criticism, without giving too much away, is that like every other Ruth Galloway novel, she ends up having to be saved by somebody. It would be really nice for her to do the saving for a change!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment